ADOPTASHELTER.COM 2012 HALLOWEEN PHOTO CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
By participating in the ADOPTASHELTER.COM HALLOWEEN PHOTO CONTEST, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years or older or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older at time of entry, and who have access to the Internet. Entrants must be a registered user on Facebook to be able to enter this contest. Employees, officers and members of ADOPTASHELTER.COM and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers, other entities involved in the development, implementation or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes and the immediate family members (mother, father, sister, brother, husband, wife, daughter, son) are eligible.
3. TIMING: The Sweepstakes begins on October 25, 2012 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (â€œETâ€), ends on November 1, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Entry Periodâ€).
4. HOW TO ENTER: Go to http://www.facebook.com/AdoptAShelter and follow the entry directions therefore, including all required information. All entries, must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. PST on Monday, November 1, 2012. The time stamp used in connection with the Entry Landing Page will be used to determine date and time of receipt. Sponsor will not otherwise verify receipt of entries.
5. DRAWINGS: The Sponsor will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners from all eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period, on or around the dates set forth above. The provisional winner will be notified by email. Failure by any provisional winner to respond to such notification within seven (7) days of the date of the notice, or if the provisional winner is determined to be ineligible, will result in a rejection of the prize by the provisional winner and an alternate provisional winner will be determined. This will continue until a provisional winner claims the prize. Entrants are responsible for ensuring their spam filter does not screen out notifying emails. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 2 weeks after the end of the Entry Period, once winners are confirmed.
6. PRIZES: Two (2) $50 Amazon Gift Card – (1) $50 goes to the winning entry and (1) $50 goes to the shelter of their choice.
Sponsor reserves the right to award fewer than the stated number of prizes, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible entries. Sponsor also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select an alternate Grand Prize winner should the Contest appear to have been tampered with or manipulated in any way.
Any and all applicable local, state, and federal taxes relating to the prizes are solely the responsibility of the winners. There are no cash redemptions or prize substitutions, except that Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize noted above. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize. The prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes.
10. PERMISSION TO USE NAME AND LIKENESS: Except where prohibited by law, each winnerâ€™s entry and acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use said personâ€™s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with this Sweepstakes and Sponsorâ€™s products and services, on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, including without limitation, on Sponsorâ€™s website, without review, permission or further compensation. Entrant agrees to execute or cause to be executed by any subject in an entered photograph, any documents requested by Sponsor to confirm Sponsorâ€™s right therein.
11. INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Sponsor, Facebook Inc., Shortstack, Inc., CMR Creative Marketing Resources and each of their respective employees officers, directors, members, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and the officers, directors, members, employees and agents of any of the foregoing (collectively, the â€œReleased Partiesâ€) from and against any all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses (including reasonable attorneysâ€™ fees) arising out or relating to their breach of these Official Rules.
12. WINNER LIST: For name of winner, available after 11/15/2012, send a self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope to:CMR Creative Marketing Resources, Attn: Angela Ruben, 5108 Chad Drive, Suite 100, Tyler, TX 75703, to be received by 11/05/2011.
1311. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LATE, LOST, ILLEGIBLE, MISDIRECTED, STOLEN, UNDELIVERED, SEPARATED, OR CORRUPTED ENTRIES.
SPONSOR DOES NOT ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY OR OTHERWISE BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OF OR TRANSMISSION OR COMMUNICATIONS LINE FAILURE; THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS OR TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION OF ANY COMMUNICATION NETWORK OR COMMUNICATION LINES, COMPUTER ON-LINE SYSTEMS, SERVERS, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, OR ANY FAILURE OF ANY ENTRY TO BE RECEIVED BY SPONSOR ON ACCOUNT OF TECHNICAL PROBLEMS, HUMAN ERROR OR TRAFFIC CONGESTION ON THE INTERNET OR AT ANY WEBSITE, OR ANY COMBINATION THEREOF.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANTâ€™S PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEBSITE OR USE OF THE PRIZES.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE PRIZES, IS PROVIDED â€œAS ISâ€ WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
14. RELEASE: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant releases and discharges Sponsor from any claims, expenses, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including but not limited to, claims for personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property, arising out of or resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or participation in the Sweepstakes.
15. GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE: Any dispute, claim or cause of action arising under this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules shall be brought in the federal or state courts of Texas, and such courts shall apply the internal, substantive law of Texas in adjudicating any such dispute/claim/cause of action. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by entering, each entrant agrees (a) to the jurisdiction of such courts; (b) to bring any action individually (NOT as part of a class action); Â© that in any such dispute/claim/cause of action, recovery shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, with any right to special, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive or other damages and/or attorneysâ€™ fees being waived. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
16. OTHER CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes at any time for any reason without notice or obligation. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine winners from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the date of such termination according to the judging criteria outlined in Section 4 above.
17. SPONSOR: CMR Creative Marketing Resources d/b/a AdoptAShelter.com